Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging for your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already overwhelming and emotional time. Pre-planning can also help to ensure that your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the burden on family of second-guessing what you may have wanted. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Pre-planning and pre-paying for your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces the stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plan that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying for your funeral, you eliminate your family second guessing on if they have made the right choices and accomodations. They can make decisions based on your wishes not based on cost alone. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation, and the accounts growth is non-taxable. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your beneficiaries. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to one of our funeral directors. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay for their funeral. These plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you would like (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone. Pre-planning gives yourself, your family and your friends the peace of mind of knowing that you will be taking care of according to your wishes, allowing them to focus on helping and supporting each other when it is most crucial.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.
Proudly serving the communities of Quakertown, Zionhill, Spinnerstown, Richlandtown, Trumbauersville, Shelly, Coopersburg, Pennsburg, Doylestown, Perkasie, Bethlehem, Allentown, Haycock, Ottsville, Milford, Springfield, Lower Saucon, Palisades, Souderton, Telford, Sellersville, Dublin, Hellertown, Center Valley, Montgomeryville, East Greenville and Lehigh Valley PA